1. Mohammed El Sakka AwardThis award is in memory of Mohammed El Sakka who was Chairman of Egypt's MISR Travel. The award includes air travel to Egypt from any destination on Egypt Airlines network and a week's stay in Egypt. The award goes to the WATA Agency staff member who forwards the best annual article on Egypt.
2. WATA 'Hall of Fame'The WATA Hall of Fame has been created to honour travel trade individuals whose careers have been responsible for placing a positive impact on the development and growth of the industry.
WATA accepts no more than two deserving applicants each year. The candidates can be from any sector of the travel and tourism industry. A WATA Committee, made up of the President and two Vice-Presidents, checks each application. Committee investigations are strictly confidential.
The Committee checks potential honour through discussions with their families and friends. Entrants to the WATA Hall of Fame are not necessarily active or living members of communities. Induction into the WATA Hall of Fame takes place during the opening ceremonies of each annual General Assembly at a special ceremony. The Hall of Fame Committee displays photos of each new member and describes the candidate's background and the reasons why he or she was chosen.
3. WATA Cooperation AwardThe Presidential Cooperation Award goes to the WATA member who adheres most to one of the main aims of the association which is to co-operate as closely as possible with members in other countries.
4. Peace Through Tourism AwardThe Peace through Tourism Award is an award of the association that is presented to the person who displays his or her devotion to peace through tourism.
5. WATA Trade Show AwardThe association Best Trade Show Award is not given to the largest or most profitable trade show but the one that plays a significant role in hosting meeting and its contribution to the international trade show scene.